That's right, for the first time since Ive left Indiana I have taken a shower in my own place. Now don't go thinking Ive been stinking the place up, until today Ive been limited to baths, or on Sundays when I go to my brothers house I have taken a shower at his house a few times but that's not the same as taking one in your own place. The RV does have a shower and it is big enough but I'm not taking a cold shower.
I actually need one after all the work I did today. I ripped what was left of the rotted floor where the fridge would go and shured it up with new 2x6's underneath and new plywood and then installed some tile squares to match the rest of the floor. However in using the tile i have now left myself with another problem. There is no tile in front of the stove. I didn't notice this before using all but 2 of the tiles. There is some there tile that i can use so it just may look a little odd but it will work. That is if I don't just cover it all with laminate wood floor that I found in what I refer to as the "parts trailer".
I also installed a new ceiling fan in the kitchen. I was hoping to finally be able to walk in the door at night and be able to flip on a light without having to walk over and use the light above the sink. But as I got into putting the fan up I found out that the switch that controls the fan is on the other side of the room. So much for that idea. But now i have a nice new ceiling fan and light. It actually is a really nice fan. It came with its own switch that controls the speed and direction of the fan as well as a dimmer switch for the light. This was another find from the parts trailer. I have been given permission to use what ever I find in the trailer so its been fun digging through it for little goodies.
With the weather being in the 70's the last week Ive actually got a lot done. Earlier in the week I repaired the sill plate on the back door of the RV. It was so rotted that it was actually turning to dirt. Nothing I haven't had to deal with before. I took the sill off, removed all the rotted wood from under it and replaced it with a piece of 2x2, again from the parts trailer. Then while I was at it I decided to see why the front door was screwed shut. I was told it was cause the door wouldn't shut but after removing the 2 screws the only thing i could find wrong was that the lock was busted so the key wouldn't unlock it from outside. That was an easy fix as I just swapped handles with the back door as I don't use the handle lock in the back, it has a dead bolt. So now I can open both doors and get some fresh air coming in. After tackling the doors I felt a little empowered and figured I give the awning a go. The spring was never set after being replaced some years ago and the previous owner just rolled it up by hand. Well as soon as I flipped the lever to "open" it sprung all the way open as if the spring was wound backwards. This didn't surprise me as the awning itself was rolled up backwards too. So after getting it unrolled I then had to clean all the dirt and leaves off. I then took the end cap off and gave it about 8 turns and rolled it back up the right way. It still wasn't going up by itself but now it was in the proper position. Then it was as simple as winding it about 10 more turns and were in business. There is no pull cord so I have to get up on a ladder and unroll it part way by hand until I can reach it from the ground. Next project will be to find something to use as a pull strap. I may just order one.
I also put a coat of primer on the bathroom walls and ceiling this week too. I still have the rest of the trailer to do but that will have to wait till i get some more supplies. The ceiling still could use another coat of primer or paint and I would like to use the light blue paint I got from my brother on the walls. But for the most part the bathroom is done. So now to get the rest of the place up to par and then I can decide if i want to move in the trailer or stay in the RV. Haven't made my mind up yet.