Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Getting started

Ok I'm just getting this blog going so how about a little about myself. I live in a small town in Michigan. I just bought my first bike back in 11/2003. A black 1982 Yamaha Vision. Well if you want to say bought, I traded a buddy of mine my playstation2 and six games for it. I fell in love with the bike, it just looks like what a motorcycle is supposed to look like. I love the looks of a naked bike don't care much for the looks of fairing.

When I got it, the battery was junk and the clutch cable was froze up. My buddy brought over a clutch cable that was supposed to come off another vision that he had, but it didn't fit exactly. After a little careful trimming of the outer cable cover I made it work. Once it warmed up a little, about April, I got it legal and was off and ridding. The battery wouldn't hold a charge so I had to carry my jumper box around with me strapped to the back of the bike. It was my only wheels for the time because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my truck. But that's another story all together.

It was fall before I got a new battery and I repainted the tank a bright red. The tank was all faded and streaked when I got it. My buddy had just used a spray can and painted it black and every little drop of gas left an ugly streak down the side. So when he repainted his bike after laying it down, I painted my tank as well. I still need to buff the clear coat and spray the sides but it looks a hell of a lot better than it did when I got it.

I've still got a little work to do to it yet to make it perfect but it is a labor of love and I enjoy riding something that I know is running because of me.

No comments: